Monday, December 3, 2012

Day 45

I can't believe it's December already! Number one, because it came so fast. I think this year has gone faster than any other year I can remember, and a lot has happened! I can't believe just last year at this time, Cole and I were getting engaged.

Number two, because it's still bathing suit weather outside.

A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks. Cole started his job at Vivint Solar. He's really happy, but he's working 10-14 hours a day, 6 days a week.

This is Cole's first panel that he helped install:


His first week though, was Thanksgiving, which means he only worked 4 days that week. Thanksgiving was a lot more eventful than we thought it would be! We were invited to have Thanksgiving with Danny Anderson's cousin Tori and her family. I woke up kinda sad that we weren't with anyone! But we went to beach, and then came home to make the best green bean casserole ever. It's cheese and bacon instead of mushroom. And don't worry, I didn't forget the french onions on top! It's going to be a must have for Thanksgiving's to come! That was the important part. I wanted to make sure we did something that would make the tradition list. So a recipe for a new dish was what is going to last. Dinner with the Sessions was excellent. All of the traditional fixings, complete with pumpkin and pecan pie. My two favs :)

Cole and I wake up at 6 every day so he can get to work by 6:30. On the way, one particular day two weeks ago, Cole needed to stop at Don Quijote (the grocery store around the corner. I love this store! It's kinda like a super walmart would be if it was created by asian people). So we stopped, and as I was sitting (stopped) letting Cole out of the car, a little old lady from the handicapped spot backed right up into me. Sigh.


The good news, we got almost as much as the car cost for this little ding from the lady's insurance company. So, not a total loss!

I've been running around like a crazy person since Cole is working so much, trying to tie up all the loose ends that moving has left us with. Almost done! Fingers crossed. I did have to add one more item to the list today when on our way home last night, Cole and I blew a tire:



Other than working a ton, having some car issues, Cole and I have found time to play! We go to the beach every Sunday. I'm trying to learn to boogie board (not going well) and Cole is surfing. He's also getting into kiteboarding, which is pretty awesome.


Oh! In order to make our house feel more like home, Cole and I made homemade ornaments from gingerbread. They are chubby little guys who only look decent from far away. But I strung them up all over the living room with some candy canes and ribbon, and with some stockings and poinsettias, this place is looking a little festive. We still are going to make gingerbread houses and we are making each other Christmas gifts this year.

I promise to get better about taking pictures! I've missed a ton, and I know because I don't have the pictures that I'm forgetting some very funny things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment