Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 31

Our first month is up! It's day 31, says my android phone app... yes that's the sly way of telling you I got rid of my iPhone this month and switched to Android, via the Samsung Galaxy SIII. If you're wondering... it's amazing. Even just the live wallpaper of the little cute panda watching bubbles flow by makes me happier than my iPhone did--and of course that's just the beginning! But I won't bore you with phone things... let me update you!

Today was Cole's first day at Vivint Solar. I've been hanging out by myself all day. I dropped him off, then headed to the gym. After I went to McDonald's to take advantage of their free wifi. I'm not sure if you know this, but Cole and I have a little side project that we hope will continue to get bigger. So that's what I have been doing most of today. So far so good! You can check out the fruits of my labor if you'd like, I built this website for a guy that is teaching Cole how to kitesurf. He's doing trade with us. So Cole learns for free, while I built a little website for him. Pretty awesome stuff!! Anyway, the site I built is www.honolulukiteschool.com.  (to keep going, I also cleaned the whole house and need to grocery shop in the next two hours before I pick Cole up. Not working is weird I've decided.)

As I mentioned, Cole is learning to kitesurf! It's pretty cool. We went and watched the kitesurfers in Kialua Beach yesterday after his second lesson. I regretfully have to tell you I didn't take pictures all day yesterday! So no kitesurfing pics, and no pictures of the amazing view (best I've ever seen) at the top of this hike I did while Cole was taking his lesson. Sorry guys. I failed you.

We are pretty settled into our new place now. We have furniture, and we painting the living room,



(I may have gotten some paint right in my hair...)

and we have even been able to watch movies on rainy days with our new projector!


And yes it does rain. Although we are not on the dry side of the island, we are not on the wet side either, we are smack dab in the middle. 

Even with the rain, we have been able to do some cool things. We are now scuba certified! Woot! So when you all come to see us, we can go on a sweet dive together!  (this picture is from last year... oh well)


We got to watch the sunset on a sailboat!



And throw some boogie boarding in there... I'm terrible by the way. Really awful.

Although it is the holidays, and I keep trying to think about Thanksgiving being this week. It is super hard! All the doors are open in the house and the fan is on. I can't wear makeup often because it will literally sweat off my face if I try. I can put it on at night I've discovered... but then it has to come off a couple hours later, so what's the point!? Oh well. We have seen holiday shopping, and some Christmas decorations. Starbucks did have this little cute snowman that Cole ate (he said it wasn't very good) but it was so cute!


So Happy Holidays everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving! Even though I don't really feel like it's that time of year, I guess it is :) We miss everyone and hope you will all skype with us this Thursday!




2 comments:

  1. I love that color on the wall! You're hair worked out to be a great paintbrush:) What is Cole doing for Vivint? Are you still going to try and work at the gym? It looks beautiful there! Was it hard to be without family on Thanksgiving? What did you guys do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sunshine :) Cole is working for Vivint Solar. Right now he's training, and as of yesterday he finally was able to start installing some systems on his own. We're really excited he has such a good job. He got in early, which means he'll probably be managing his own office soon. That means, at some point, he may actually have more time to spend at the beach. I may still work at the gym, it's up in the air. Until we get more settled and there's not a massive list of things to do, I'm not working. Well I do some side things, but I'm not technically employed. It's nice for Cole because he can work a lot without being stressed about anything else, I can take care of it. Thanksgiving was hard in the morning for me. But once we got out, went to the beach, and then made food and went to some friends, everything was okay! We had a great Thanksgiving dinner with Danny Anderson's cousin and her family. Cole had Thursday and Friday off so we tried to play as much as possible. A couple of the guys Cole works with are really cool so we've been hanging out with them. We also did some black friday shopping! Super fun. So good to hear from you! We miss you

    ReplyDelete