Saturday, June 2, 2012

Memorial Day Needed Vacation... To Vegas

Before I tell you all the fun Cole and I had in Vegas, I first wanted to say how awesome it was to have my little brother here for a day before we dropped him off at the MTC. We've already received his first letter, and I can tell that he has learned so much in just the week that he has been there.


Now on to Vegas! Cole and I had been needing another quick trip away from home, and Memorial Day seemed like the perfect opportunity. We planned the vacation with my best friend Bethia and her husband Jeremy (who happens to be my boss--meaning I got off work early on Friday to drive down to Vegas, which was awesome! Thanks Jeremy!)


The trip down was pretty uneventful. We made it to Vegas by about 8o'clock Pacific Time and got into our hotel room. We managed to get ourselves into the Monte Carlo from a sweet deal on Price Line, so we actually had a pretty nice room. After, we went to dinner at Diablo, a Mexican Restaurant by our hotel-- and then we hit the strip! From there on it was gambling, pool, sand volleyball, shopping, gambling, dancing, gambling, pool, and pretty much that was our weekend in some order of all the previous. Yes I meant to put duplicates :)

Sand volleyball was one of our first activities of the first morning we were there. Cole and I had two clutch wins against this these other two pool go-fers that morning. It was awesome.



One thing I didn't mention is that we went to see the Cirque De Soles show "Ka." Definitely one of the best things we did on the trip. I'd never seen any shows in Vegas, and Cole had been talking it up for months. It was very native, if that's the right word, with lots of drumming, war paint, fighting, and fire. There were fights with arrows, there were take overs, and captures. It was really cool. The best part was when this guy and this girl use cords to swing through the stage and wrap up in the cords, and twist around each other in ways that you couldn't imagine. It was amazing to see people who were that strong and amazing that they never faltered or fell. The stage moves almost the entire time... in short, it was a really cool show.

After the show we went out dancing and the Luxor. Redman was there... surprisingly. I love 90's music, so you won't find me complaining for a minute. However, he was only there for about 15, so not much to complain about!

Overall it was an awesome weekend, one that I'm barely feeling recovered from.

No comments:

Post a Comment