Thursday, May 10, 2012

A Little Date Night

My sister and brother in law live up in Salt Lake, and as often as possible, Cole and I try to hang out with them. Because, well let's face it, they're pretty freaking cool.

The plan for this week (I think we went up Monday night), was to use our Trafalga Season Passes to do some free bowling. Awesome. So Cole and I ran up almost right after work (I went for a quick run as I'm determined to make sure I do something 5-6 times a week) but right after that we left! We met them at this Indian Food restaurant called Taste of Punjab. We had a little bit of fun with that name, and hopefully you don't judge me for that, but if you do--we totally earned it. Well... it was delicious! We love love love Indian food. A little tip: if you don't eat much or any of the rice you can totally leave feeling wonderful. But with expanding rice in the mix, you may get way too full. It's just impossible to stop eating once you start with good Indian food.

It was Adam's first time eating it, and like the Indian food connoisseurs we think we are, we advised him to eat the Chicken Tikka Masala. The most basic and delicious first step to Indian food. Well the rest of us proceeded to order that meal, and then Adam goes and is adventurous and orders something completely different that none of us have tried. So much for being connoisseurs and way to go Adam for being gutsy. It ended up being delicious.

After dinner we went to the bowling alley. The first game, couple versus couple, seemed like a total blow out at first but Cole and I came back to ALMOST make it a close game!! We weren't necessarily brining our A game. So we lost frozen yogurt to the Toblers. The second game was Cole versus me, and Adam versus Leslie. I think Adam and Leslie lost the competitive edge and didn't care anymore, but this is where Cole and I bring the intensity. I think in order for you to understand what it means for Cole and I to bring the intensity, I need to tell you a little story.

The night before our wedding, Cole's family put together a song that was meant to be representation of our relationship. What song did they choose? Anything you can do I can do better!! It was hilarious, in fact! Here it is:


Girls:Anything you can do, I can do better.
I can do anything better than you.

Greg: (talk)No, you can't.
Sunny: (talk)Yes, I can. 
Greg: (talk)No, you can't.
Sunny: (talk)Yes, I can. 
Greg: (talk) No, you can't.
Sunny: (talk) Yes, I can, yes I can!

Boys:  Anything you can be I can be greater.
Sooner or later, I'm greater than you.

Mom: (talk) No, you're not. 
Dad: (talk) Yes, I am.
Mom: (talk) No, you're not. 

Dad: (talk) Yes, I am.
Mom: (talk) No, you're NOT!. 

Dad: (talk)Yes, I am.Yes, I am!
Girls: I can drive a jetski, drive it with my hands free
Boys: I can ride a wakeboard, flying high, I just soar

Adrienne: (talk) I can sell most anything
Tyler: (talk)  Can you sell Vivint?
Adrienne: (talk) Yes!
Tyler: (talk)  I can’t do that.

Boys:  But when we scuba dive, I can go deeper

Girls: I can go deeper, much deeper than you

Logan: (talk)  No, you can’t
Lisa: (talk)  Yes I can
Logan: (talk)  No, you can’t
Lisa: (talk) Yes I can
Logan: (talk)  No you can’t 
Lisa: (talk)  Yes I can, Yes I can

Boys: Anything you can buy, I can buy cheaper
          I can buy anything cheaper than you.

Amanda: (talk)  fifty cents?
Matt: (talk)  forty cents!
Amanda: (talk)  Thirty cents?
Matt: (talk)  Twenty cents!
Amanda: (talk)  No you can’t 
Matt: (talk)  Yes I can, Yes I can





Boys: I can ride a snowboard, boogie with my skim board
Girls: I can drive a fast quad, snorkel, paint and cook good

Matt: (talk)  I can race most anything

Amanda:  (talk )  Can you race a plane

Matt:  (talk)  No!  that is insane!

Girls: Then there’s that time when I beat you at tennis

Boys: You didn’t beat me—I let you do that

Girls:  I won that game fair and square, just admit it

Boys: Yes, you are right, now I must admit that.

Tyler:  (talk)  You’re the best
Adrienne: (talk) So are you
Tyler:  (talk) You’re the best
Adrienne: (talk ) So are you 
Tyler:  (talk) You’re the best 
Adrienne:  (talk) So are you, so are you

Girls:  So when we’re married, we’ll do things together

Boys: We’ll conquer everything, we’ll be a team.

Girls:  We’ll ski and scuba dive, jet ski and rock climb

Boys: Boogie board, dirt bike, join a soccer team.

Girls:  And every day we will grow even closer

Boys:  Our love will deepen as we go through life

Girls:   We’ll serve each other and cherish each moment

Boys:  I feel so lucky that you’ll be my wife.

Sunny:  (talk) You’re so sweet
Greg:  (talk)  So are you
Sunny: (talk)  I can’t wait t’say “I Do”
Greg:  (talk)  You’re the best
Sunny: (talk)  So are you
Greg:  (talk)  I can’t wait t’say “I Do”

So now that I've explained THAT, you can understand how the second bowling game went between Cole and me. Well, I am awful at bowling, but some how this game I managed to get a 136!!! Totally smoked him. I'm pretty sure Cole wasn't too happy, and we may have gotten a little mad. Soon to be soothed by some frozen yogurt, or so we thought. One of my favorite treats was not so favorite at this crappy place I chose in Salt Lake. Such a disappointment. Oh well, good indian food and a great game that I won?? Still a terrific night. Thanks to Adam, Leslie and Cole :) I have an awesome family, I'm so lucky.

1 comment:

  1. We are pretty cool:) I'm glad you guys have a blog now cause ill be reading it all the time.

    ReplyDelete